From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:14:12 -0800
Howard Kogan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:    ;
>> I thought that the
inspection service was defunct!

  Mark: Nope, very much alive, in season.

  >>Who is being inspected?

  Mark: Everyone that we can get to.

  >>Is it a
state supported service available to anyone or only to commercial
beekeepers?

  Mark: Not just for commercial beekeepers.

>>Does this mean hives are being registered in NYS?

  Mark: Manditory registration is not in effect in NY. Registration of apiaries in NY is done to keep track of who has bees where.

Is their a website where further information is available?

  Mark: For more info and to register for an inspection next season call the Dept. of Ag & Mkts in Albany at 1-800-554-4501 and ask for Melissa (Isn't that appropriate?) in Plant Industry. She'll add you to the list for next year.

  If this doesn't work for some reason, e-mail me at [log in to unmask] and I'll do what I can.

>>thinking if you inspect my hives, I'll give you
lunch!

  Mark: That would be nice as long as you aren't trying to influence me. You gotta be careful these days.

  Mark

Yahoo! Shopping