From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:01:05 -0400
"Part of the *new* cooperative agreement between the Sioux
Honey Assn. and the Argentine cooperative FACAP *includes*
the exportation of *Argentine* honey, bottled and labeled under
the Sioux honey brand..."

So, what does one make of this?  Sioux Bee, which heretofore has been a
domestic coop (is that correct?), has opened the coop to imports.  Does this
set a precedent?  Is this decision driven by the bottom line (dollars) or is
it a supply/demand issue (coop members aren't able to produce enough to meet
Sioux Bee's needs)?  If the former and I were a coop member, I think I'd be
a bit POed. Obviously, I don't have a full appreciation for how the coops
run and would appreciate a lesson.

Aaron Morris - thinking small potatoes