From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:54:45 +0100
Hi Peter

 > Insofar as whether diversity means different races or just
 > different lines of bees,

I do not know of a proper technical description to cover this, but the
way I think  of it is that diversity is expression of different alleles,
but those alleles need to be from the subset of the race concerned.

If you get alleles that are specific other races that is where the
trouble starts.

I see this as a flaw in 'total outbreeding' or saying 'anything goes'
strategies.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)