From:
Dave Burrup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 09:47:38 -0700
"I have grown increasingly suspicious of the use of
 statistical analysis to tease meaning from seemingly chaotic data."

Allen, one of the last years that I worked in research we had plots that
were by far the worst plots I have ever been involved with.   The plots
should have been plowed down.  My boss had them harvested and by the time he
was through with the statistics the plots looked like they were near
perfect.  The data was published, even though it was totally worthless.
Dave
South East Idaho