From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 08:28:48 -0500
One of the really interesting animal issues is Grizzlies feeding on moths at High altitudes.  They flip over rocks and lick them up  If I recall in the 12000 foot range.    According to what I have seen,  they are wax moths...

seemed impossible at the time but 12 hours later these same bugs were hovering over Austin Texas where they were dinner for the bats.

this is not to suggest that overwintering is not possible but I have no doubt that some insects can 'migrate' over much greater distances than some might find imaginable.