From:
David Harrod Gmail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2023 12:17:01 -0400
Some of these were packages from Georgia last year. Others are two or three year old packages.
I guess I consider them local after one or two generations.
Most of my bees are these Georgia bees some two or three generations old.
Most of our package suppliers seem to go to Georgia around here. We have gotten packages from Mann lake too with Olivarez queens in the past but local guys have built a business around Georgia bees
and I prefer buying from someone local. And they’re generally pretty good bees.
Not much from Florida or Texas as far as I know.
This year I’m working with a bunch that I made from grafts off my most productive hive last year.

- Dave