Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:33:36 -0500
>Has members tried the Kent Williams modified hive tool yet?

I first saw one when looking at bees in the US and, given a choice between the several available on-site, found it very handy. I usually have several hive tools when I work and this will be a prominent choice, possibly displacing the Maxant which is a permanent part of a bee inspector's right hand.

The Kent Williams modified hive tool may be one of those things that is better for right-handed use, though.  I'm a bit ambidextrous and seem to recall that I noticed a preference when switching hands.

I could not find them on the Kelley site when I searched it, but I now have two new ones that I have yet to put to use, and they were mailed from Kelley.  I'm not sure of the cost, though.  They arrived as a gift from a friend.  The postal value declaration for customs, however, suggested that they are actually made of pure gold under that red paint.