From:
Mark Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 10:15:19 -0400
Along these lines.  I found no brood and no queen in March (upstate NY).  I
was told that the existing bees would probably leave so I should get a
package and a queen.

The bees did not leave (they thrived!  lots of new honey already), but it
appeared that I had laying workers, as I found a lot of larvae in
erratically shaped cells.  I got my package and queen last weekend, and let
her adapt in a separate super.  Yesterday I used the newspaper method to and
put the two hives together (I am a hobbiest with one hive).  I hope they
make it!

Am I on track?  Thank you.

Mark Baird