From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:27:02 -0400
I was at the ABF meeting when Dr. Ramsey presented his paper showing that his work found that varroa fed PRIMARILY on fat body. I had a short conversation with him after and told him I was amazed to learn that we had been so wrong for so long. I even remember posting to this list on the subject and hoping that it would lead to new research on control methods. Sadly as of yet that has not been the case.

I am chagrined that after all these years the research community seems more focused on finding fault and contradiction with his work than, as has been stated, "standing on the shoulders of giants" and looking further. In all of these papers I have yet to notice any new approach to effective varroa control. In my mind this ties well with the recent thread on "money spent on research.

Paul