From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2015 17:55:37 -0600
The poorer you are the bigger the share of food in ones budget.

Well Stated!  I was pondering this on the Drive home from CA.  I find it
fascinating how spoiled we have become here in the USA, and how little we
ponder the rest of the world, and our ancestors.  A scant 100 years ago,
(our grandfathers father) Daily survival and food were the main pursuit in
life for most, Now here we are the most overweight society ever,  and some
think that's a bad thing,  and 100% in Randys defense,  he is hardly alone.
We have a president who feels the same way about it, and cheap energy
also!......

Personaly it seem to me anyone who has traveled to poorer countries where
food is a bigger concern that it is here,  would have a difernent view.  But
not always the case.

Me,  I loved ready the book "Machines of Plenty"   it is the story of Jerome
Increase Case (yes that was his name)  and the treashing machines he
designed.   In the 1930'3 when they got to 40 bushels a day they thought
they ruled the world.  Some of the R&D machines I have built will harvest
close to 2000 bushels in an hour.......  My how things have changed.

Charles