From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 19:58:21 -0400
Top Ventilation in Southern locations?

All of my hives have top ventilation/entrances the year 'round.   I do this
by cutting a notch (1 inch by 5/16 inch) in each of my inner covers, and then
making sure the notch isn't blocked by the outer covers after I work the
hives.

The upper entrance has a variety of benifits, including provinding a vater
vapor exhaust port, and a usable emergency entrance during heavy snow
conditions.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg MD.