Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:30:54 +1300
I've recently challenged a nutritionist who said that honey was no different to sugar.
She said that all the enzymes and vitamins were destroyed because honey was routinely
heated.

In the end she acknowledged that if that was true, next to no processed food would
have any vitamins as they are all heat processed.

We successfully got our food standards people to accept that there is a nutritional
difference between honey and sugar.

Is there a standard for heating honey without destroying its nutritional qualities?
"The flavour does not seen to diminish" doesn't seem like a very scientific measure of
quality.

Ron