From:
"S. Gielesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:59:45 +0200
> A natural hive, as a general rule, probably has a curved ceiling.  I am
> speculating that moisture that is not absorbed probably runs down the sides
> since there is a strong gradient involved.  If it pools at the bottom, no
> problem.

In Holland, we put something (a piece of wood) under the hive on the
backside to make the hive lean over. Condensed water can flow out of
the entrance. There is no top entrance and we close the bottom side
with a piece of board. Under the top there is usually a piece of some
insulation material; the hives are not wrapped.
We don't have much snow; incidently frost -10.

Sanne Gielesen.