From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 22:09:48 -0500
Hello Brian & All,

>The science just is not there to point a finger at GMO's as being unsafe
for
human and honeybee consumption.

If you buy into the research of the large pushers of chemicals and GMO then
keep on munching on those GMO products.

95% of the so called science has been bought and paid for by the large AG
corps. 5% has been done by independent researchers. No long term testing has
been done. Millions are eating GMO genetics every day in the U.S..

>In my opinion the more real concern on GMO's is the transgenic transfer of
pollen to other species, this is documented.

I can see you know very little about GMO as the transgenic transfer is a big
problem with seed savers ( big fight in Canada now over GMO canola
contamination)but minor
compared to the long term DNA effect on many species. Quite a bit on the
internet about the GMO genetics effects in mice, hogs and dairy cattle. Take
a look. Iowa farmers  fed GMO corn and their cattle were sterile, looked
like they were pregnant but only had bags of water, hogs which were mutated
and could not walk.

These are short term effects. What are the long term effects. Unknown as the
FDA rubber stamped the GMO without any long term testing.

Take a look at the GMO failures posted on the net. Hogs & cattle. Listen to
the testimonials.

>On a weekly basis I get people from this growing fringe group who shop our
farmers market stalls.

The group is growing by leaps and bounds and no longer could be called a
fringe group. Most of us realize the FDA will not protect us. Does not now
and never will. The current China problems should wake you up.

At the market I do ( largest in the six state region) all the vendors belong
to what you call a fringe group. We don't want GMO food nor more pesticides
than is absolutely necessary. None is best but one or two on say apples is
OK as long as you tell the consumers you sprayed and with what. You have to
be certified organic to post the organic sign.

Most my food comes from my fellow vendors which I trust. Organic and
chemical free beef, free range chicken, organic vegetables.

True the cost is not cheap to eat healthy but I feel lucky to be able to
afford chemical and GMO free products. I like being able to buy directly
from the farmer grower. Especially when they are in the small (but as Brian
says ) growing group of "save the planet" people. I like to see farm
products with insect damage. I simple cut the end the corn worm has ate off
my sweet corn! A few insect holes does not hurt most products. I live on a
farm and can spot sprayed veggies most of the time at our market. In hard
times I truck farmed veggies to supplement my beekeeping.

bob

--
believed to be clean.