From:
John Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 06:56:47 -0400
Hi to All:

One of my apiaries is situated at an Herb Farm.  They also have a kennel. The
owner
stopped me yesterday and asked me to indentify some bees that were in the
kennel.
Needles to say they are honey bees  and probably mine since I have 6 hives
located
on the property.  Their was about 6 bees in the run when I looked.

The question is what are they atracted to and will they bother the dogs.  She
also said that she boards two beagles around August that are alergic to bees.

I first thought was maybe they were after the water that was in the runs with
the dogs
(Their is water for the bees the same distance as the Kennel for the bees ie
running water)  I told her they were just looking around.  Thanks for the
input.

John Moore
3rd year 20 Hives
N. Smithfield, RI