Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:49:40 -0800
--- On Mon, 12/6/10, Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  "I am concerned about unintended consequences. In the early stages of
research into RNA interference, no unintended consequences were seen
because *they were not anticipated and therefore not looked for*.
Broader examination revealed *off-target effects*, which may also be
heritable. I am seeking comment ......."

The blurb posted on Beeologics web site (http://www.beeologics.com/2010_clinical_trials.asp?subject=2010%20Clinical%20Trials) states the following:
"Under FDA  investigational authority, Beeologics is now offering Remebee
 to beekeepers who want to participate and use Remebee with their bees
as early as December 2010.  The activities required in the trial are
simple to implement and are unlimited in terms of usage.  We believe
that with this trial, Beeologics offers the beekeeper a first chance to
get early insight and experience with Remebee and evaluate the impact of
 its use on colony health."

As I read it they want to do trial studies for evaluation in the field.  Remebee is not yet approved for general use as I read the blurb above and that essentially beekeepers use the product at their own risk.  From reading the post on the site it seems that the evaluation of efficacy is primarily anecdota.    How say the rest of you?

Mike in LA