From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:34:41 -0500
On 15-Dec-09, at 11:45 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Re: Randy and some of us  other stubborn folks who sometimes
> disagree with
> posters.  Its not  personal, its how we are trained.

Thanks Jerry

I have a fact that no beekeeper seems to believe.  I extract my
honey, pour it into my stainless tank(with or without strainer), let
it sit for a week or more, then pack it directly from the tank.  The
honey for our personal use is packed in 2L plastic ice cream tubs
then placed in the freezer.  Later(months or years) when the supply
in the kitchen runs out another tub is taken from the freezer.  The
honey when at room temperature is almost always(except 5-6 times in
30 years) lovely smooth creamed honey, and stays that way until the
tub is finished.  I have presented this idea, which I gleaned from a
customer, to beekeeper groups  usually to arguments  that what I am
saying is impossible.  Recently at our local association meeting one
member explained the dyce method in detail so that I could understand
how wrong I was.  I presented the idea on Bee-L several years ago and
received several queries but no confirmation.  Why this works for me
and my customer(Roy has long since passed away) but no-one else is a
mystery for me.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada