From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:34:34 -0400
I found my first SHB about three weeks ago. Not found in this county until
then. I knew they were close, as they have been two counties to the south
for a few years.
        Today I found larvae in the hot room.

Does anyone in the north have experience dealing with SHB? I have heard
they aren't much of a problem in the hives here in the north, but can be
devastating to supers of honey left in the hot room too long.

What about the supers in my storage barn? I store my honey combs wet, with
no PDB.  I have very little wax moth problems there as it remains cool
enough most of the year. Most years only brood combs need a little extra
protection...in August and September.

What about my brood combs and combs of honey stored in the same building as
the supers. These have PDB.

Mike