From:
Mark Gosswiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 11:25:40 -0600
Dear List:
HELP!   I'm fairly new to beekeeping and I have a question.  I collected 7
swarms the other day. These swarms were very large, two boxes full of bee. I
collected them and left them over night to make sure all of them got in.
When I came back the next morning they were all in the hive. Except for the
few that were flying around.  I brought them home. It's been about a week
and I'm looking in the hives now and I don't see any eggs being laid.  It
looks to me like I have boxes full of bees (on every frame) and no queen.
but there must be a queen because a swarm wouldn't leave without one right?
I keep 9 frames in each box and every frame is full.  These swarms were
huge.  How can I make sure I have a queen, and that the normal processes of
a hive are happening.  Thanks for any help. Also, the frames that I have in
the hives are all nice brood comb that I used last year, with a couple in
each hive having honey on them...