From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:25:35 -0800
 Hello All,    One posting should be enough. I sent my E-mail out as being
apposed to using formic acid. It will have a negative affect on the hive
(queen). Honey needs to be clean. Man should not set the standards for
higher levels of formic acid in the honey.I am baffled ,another government
tolerance.I have had enough of them, Radiation tolerances went down to 25%
of when I started working with it in Idaho back in 1961. I have asbestoses
also. We use to tear it out with no resperators because there was no
problem. Now I have a problem. What are your lungs worth to you?
 For those that want honey to stand for a wholesome product on our grocery
shelves , drop the EPA a line. Don't forget the Red apples from
Washington. It was hard to sell them for years and they even cut down a
bunch so they could plant granny smith.Made in USA may become a negative
conotation when it come to honey. Now is the time to act and write.
 Large Beekeepers , look at your liability for the use of Formic acid.If
one of your workers gets some in his eye or anywhare its you neck.I know
how the EPA works.I had to work under them for 2 1/2 years. Your workers
can get you in jail.Your the Boss and have to make shure your people
follow the EPA rules.

So much for the soap box.
 Best Regards
 Roy