Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2018 14:08:10 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
"it is interesting that folks read and process information based on their world view or bias and likewise reject any information that does not conform to this world view"

Lets just try a few human examples of bond.  Over one million people die each year right now due to malaria, a parasite.  The best solution evolution has come up with in a bond experiment is hetero sickle cell anemia.  How about bubonic plague a bacteria?  That killed 1/3 of the population in Europe a while back.  The best evolutionary solution bond came up with was hetero cystic fibrosis, the del 509 mutation as I recall.  In both these cases the homozygous mutant is lethal or near lethal.  Those are the success stories in humans.  For things like small pox, polio, syphilis and on and on bond has done nothing in a hundred thousand of years.

On the other hand there are hundreds of examples in plants and animals of educated selective breeding programs resulting in significant progress and a lot more examples on the not so distant horizon.

I have run treatment free for four consecutive years.  I know it can be done as I did it with quite acceptable losses and zero sign of improvement.  I could do it today if I did not care about productivity.  If we could get rid of ferals and treatment free bee keepers we could make real progress in limiting the damage mites do.  Right now I think TF bee keepers are the biggest problem.

Dick

HL Mencken said: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. "

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2