From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:26:07 -0600
?Hello Randy, Stan & All,
Stan asked for your comments on the following from the report . I also would
like your opinion on the study showing brood damage with barely detectable
levels found in the brood.

Positive proof the neonics cause problems which is what is needed to ban a
product by Monsanto, Bayer or Ortho (with their deep pockets and team of
lawyers) is simply *not yet* available. Those which have watched these
powers in action have seen the way they can get things done.

Example:
Like the organic farmer in Canada which was forced to pay Monsanto a
$100,000 judgment (later overturned in a higher court)for stealing GMO the
patent when the real story was the farmer lost his organic business because
his crop was contaminated with GMO genetics.

Most beekeepers have learned that in the courts justice is the will of the
stronger!

  From the   USDA 2010 CDC Progress Report

> From Page A12:
>
> Worker bees exhibited up to a fourfold increase in nosema levels when they
> originated from colonies that had been fed imidacloprid indicating a
> subtle
> sub-lethal interaction between pesticides and pathogens.  This research
> has
> been submitted for publication and similar findings have recently been
> published from a study in France in Environmental Microbiology, 2009.

Important:
(*similar findings have recently been published from a study in France*)

Randy when these studies keep turning up displaying problems with the
neonics I have trouble ignoring just because you say *in your opinion* we
should not be concerned.

Stan said:
> This is the unpublished study that I referred Randy to contact Dennis Van
> Engelsdorp about.  The key thing here is that the bees that were fed the
> very small amounts of imidacloprid did not die (the amounts were very
> small).  But the brood that they fed was quite affected (fourfold increase
> in nosema) and yet there was no trace of imidacloprid that could be found
> in
> that brood.

(*yet there was no trace of imidacloprid that could be found in the brood*)

Also saying that the body of research by Dr. Tenneke's that the neonics are
causing problems and will in the future *is a stretch* IS a stretch.

I guess we will again have to agree to disagree!

Still would like to get your comments on the above ?

bob