Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:20:09 EST
Hi, Thomas,
<<Sounds to me like you never found an aggressive colony.>>
I can asssure you, Thomas, that I have dealt with many difficult bees in my
time.I started beekeeping in 1930, probably long before you were born. Last
year, 2001, old age and the many ailments that go with it plus crippling
arthritis requiring a hip replacement spelt the end of my beekeeping career.
Now my beehouse and workshop stand empty and it grieves me. I am now resigned
to being an armchair beekeeper. However, I shall not hang up my  veil yet as
I can still watch other beekeepers at work.

<<200 stings in the front of my sweatshirt and I stopped counting, bees
hangingso thick off my veil they fell off in clumps, 20 stings where the
veiltouched my neck,>>
You were a brave man, Thomas, but unwise. The chances of finding the queen in
a full strength  aggressive stock are remote and not worth the  pain.
Although I am generally immune to a multiple stinging I would not risk it.
When I look for the queen she is in a three or four comb nucleus box with a
handful of young bees and can be found without difficulty.  I won't bore the
List with the details but if you are interested I can write to you
privately.Regards.  Sid P.