From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:15:58 EST
In a message dated 1/23/2009 6:02:06 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Jerry is  probably in the best position to either counter that or agree.

If the  observed CCD symptoms are decreasing, ... things that have
been with us all  along - pesticides, nosema, Varroa and the like- are not
the cause but  something else was. .... back into the original
discussion of CCD  ... might just have had another occurrence of
Disappearing  Disease
So far, I've only had occasional, scattered reports of CCD this year - much
different from last two years at this time.  We are still at the time when
beekeepers are taking final looks at their hives, and this is the time of year
when we've tended to see CCD manifest itself in its full blown state.

As many know, we may have a pathogen lead, are trying hard to nail it  down.
If it proves out - we need to find some funds, to do the Koch's test
(inoculate, induce, confirm, recover)- we might have a major part of the  puzzle.  We
think that we have a likely candidate and its not pesticides,  nosema, varroa
per se - although each might contribute as a trigger.

Jerry