From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:36:42 -0400
The attached photo, showing 60-pound pails of honey currently sold at Costco for $1.92 per pound was copied to me by a beekeeper from Texas.

The Sioux Honey Co-op ("Sue Bee") no longer exclusively sells US honey, having co-op members from Canada, Brazil, and so on.
It is not clear if any members of the Sioux Nations have ever been members.

They claim to only pack US honey in their retail honey jars, selling the imported honey only to food companies.

The only people that ever bought 60s from me was a multi-family interrelated enclave of Mormons, who bought about one a month, and always kept trying to return the empty pails looking like new. I had to tell them that I could not in good conscience re-use a pail that had left my honey house, blaming possible hassle from the health inspector.

About the only thing that has shown this much "price stability" in spite of inflation is the wholesale-to-dealer price of Bee-Quick, which has never been raised a penny since 1998.  (Economies of larger scale, redesigned stills, and better automation steadily lowered my cost of production, so my margins are larger, despite the steady price.)