From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:43:50 -0500
Seeing as this thread is still alive, I will mention one ore thing
that struck me when Peter pointed out all the previous testing and
approvals.

My impression of the entire exercise as presented, and it one of those
gut things, was that the entire project from the researcher's
perspecive was not that he was looking to be the guy who found
something everyone else overlooked, but rather that he was out to show
that the previous work was correct.

IMO, If there is something we need to worry about, it would have had
to be fairly obvious to have been found by this test.

IMO, one effect we should worry about could be hidden be in the
variation and the mortality details, Something I beca me aware of in
the various discussions is that an effect of some treatments, which we
often don't understand is that, if something causes variation between
hives to increase, say, by increasing drifting, averaging misses it
completely, however, that variation can have a huge economic effect.