From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:41:29 -0400
On 14 Sep 99, at 8:48, Bill Truesdell wrote:
> The few real tests of FGMO still seem to indicate it does not
> work. And after reading the emails from those who put their faith
> in essential oils and lost everything, I will stay with Apistan,
> which is much more benign than formic acid. I go with the most
> benign but effective pesticide. If FGMO, which is being used as a
> pesticide, can be show to work, I would use it today.

It would appear my recent post regarding our use of FGMO was a total
waste of time, or could it be a little head in sand from Bill T. ;-))
        As far as I'm concerned anything which reduces the impact of Varroa
on my bees... WORKS....!
        Having seen a drop test from a customers hive with no treatment, and
the diference in the drop test performed by us on a Drone mother
hive, you would use FGMO as well.
         It stands to reason, my hives with only 100 mites per drop test,
will winter considerably better than our customers with thousands of
mites per drop test. The damage to his bees is scary and I won't be
suprised if he has bad winter losses.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.L3V 6H1.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre,
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>
http://www.beeworks.com
This months special:-Vest/veil combination