From:
Ana Lucia Merlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 23:00:30 -0300
 there are some aggressive bees that immediately show their displeasure with
my being there.
>  I just wish I could tell what colony is doing this.

When I attended a course on beekeeping at the University of Rio Claro - Sao
Paulo - Brazil, we used to test the agressiveness in the colonies by
knocking a black furry ball, tied up to a piece of elastic at the entrance
of the hive and timing to see the reactions. By doing this you will find out
that some colonies will respond much quicker to your knocking than the
others giving you one idea on which one has been bothering you.

Regards,

Ana Lucia.
 Ana Lucia Campos Merlo.
 Bee Biz - For the Commercial Beekeeper.