Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 17:28:13 GMT+0200
Hi All

Interesting question Chriss on beestings.

For a while I was averaging about 40 a day as well when I was doing a
lot of removals. Last year Christmas time I took out a very strong
old hive which forced me to suit up completely. The hive went beserk
on me becuase of a moker problem (bad smoker day).

Anyhow - my suit had a tear in the back and the bees got into my back
and it went numb after a while so I went on working. They completely
covered my suit with a thick matt of angry bees - power tools
drilling into a hive can make them very cross.

I recieved lots of snikc stings through the suit and my jeans as
well. And a few to the face.

When I had finished I went into the house and dsirobed and my friend
helped me count the stings in my back - by taking them out and
putting them into a cup. We got 180 removable stings!! That did not
count the ones on the arms. The back is a soft region and the stings
were all completely dry. (I will be posting a few pics on my website
soon when I put it up!!)

That night I felt fine - but I had built my tolerance up with some
bad stinging incidents before then.

I know now if I got that many I would feel quite vrot.

Keep well

Garth
Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
15 Park Road
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
6139 South Africa

Time = Honey