From:
Ernest Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:51:09 PST
Hello Gang,

I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Dumb Bee Gadget" thread.

This is especially true in regard to the frame gripper.
I am surprised at the number of beekeepers who will
admit to being so inept at using such a simple
mechanical device. I guess they don't play the
piano either,;-)

A deep frame full of honey can rip off a finger nail
and the whole thing can slip and smash into the hive
or onto the ground making a honey of a mess.:-)
A dropped frame can kill bees, including the queen.

Rocky Balboa could hold on to a heavy honey ladden frame OK ,
but I do not resemble him at all. So, I use the grippers.
I like the ones that look like a suit case handle. I have
never dropped a frame using them.

I have seen other models that look as if they could slip in
your hand.These are made of smooth metal and are more rectangular
in shape than the suit case handle model.

de AA1IK,

Ernie Gregoire

R.R. 1, Box 221,
South Rd.