From:
Curtis Spacek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 09:42:09 -0600
This may be of interest to people on the list.My latest bee suit was
purchased from the local army surplus store.Jungle green pattern
camo.Made of rip-stop material,loose comfortable fit,and all under
$20.00.The interesting thing about this bee suit is the bee can't see
me.When wearing my regular yard garb,jeans and a long sleeved white
shirt,by the time I worked through the yard (40 hives) my clothes had
numerous stingers and about 20-30 guard bees relentlesly bouncing off my
veil even after walking 50 yards from the hives.beeing scented by all
the stingers the bees would not let me get in the truck alone.
   When wearing camo there are no stingers,clingers or followers.the
pattern is designed to break up the image and outline of the wearer,if I
stand still the bees loose track of me and go back to there hives.The
desert pattern works just as well and is a little cooler under the
blazing Texas summer sun.
   Try this  and let me know if you have a similar experience.As a side
note,how are the moth traps working?

     reply to [log in to unmask]