From:
Roger Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:00:50 -0500
Lisa, my experience is far more limited than yours--only two hives and this
is my first year--but I've had the opposite result from soybeans.  My hives
are about 100 feet from my neighbor's bean field.  All of the comb drawn on
new Duragilt foundation, and all of the honey in my supers, came before the
bean field began blooming.  I've been waiting now for over five weeks to
see some nectar flow from the bean field and it's been zilch, zero, nada.
Someone suggested the variety of soybean makes a difference.  I wonder if
that's true?