From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:27:40 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Al Lipscomb <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mittwoch, 27. Januar 1999 21:36
Subject: Re: Essential oils for varroa, OTHER bee diseases control and
human beings.

>At 06:35 AM 1/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>Seems to me that we want to keep our honey pure; despite the good
doctor's
>>claims that people will find "natural (bio) aroma-honey" attractive.
I'm
>>amazed that so many people seem to believe in the treatment without
>>substantial, quantitative results.
>
>What scares me is the thought that just because a substance is found
from a
>"natural" source it must have some special powers that should exempt it
>from the same testing that a "man-made" chemical should have. It brings
>mind the quacks of the old days when extracts from crude oil (itself a
>"natural substance") were to be ingested to solve any number of
ailments.

>Al Lipscomb
>[log in to unmask]  1275 4932 DFA1 97EB D3A1  903D 7563 2936 A66B 86B3
>MCSE    AA4YU

        My dear Al,

    Be sure that Natural Medicine is not anymore an empiric method as it
may be still
in Papua New Guinea or similar areas on our Earth.

    There are many thousands of studies related to the essential oils...
    Most of the active compounds from the essential oils have been
studied
as you suggest above...

    Germany, United Kingdom, France have already a good tradition in
this.

    Aromatherapy, like apitherapy too, has strong scientific bases.

    If you want to find these bases and take advantage of them,
you need to work (study) a bit more, and open first your mind and
soul...

        Kind regards,

            Stefan Stangaciu, MD, LAcup.
       Constanta, Romania
         www.sci.fi/~apither
         www.beesting.com

PS Our intuition and imagination (creativity) can develop only if we
eliminate the "scare" from our mind...