From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:32:42 -0800
At 01:26 PM 10/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

>About a year (or so) ago, I was having a conversation with Diana
>Sammatarro about a finding of very, very fine dropelets of oil that some
>regulatory inspection had found in someone's honey and was trying to pin
>down the source of.  If memory serves, she was involved in the

I would be surprised if this was not from natural sources.. Some pollen
such as Corn, Safflower,  and Sunflowers and I am sure others can be almost
running with oils and this can get into open honey cells.

Is it the norm? I don't think so but a lot depends on the beekeeping
pasture and what selection the bees have for pollen. If all they got is
corn or sunflowers then I would expect its normal to have some fats or what
ever in the bees honey.

ttul, the OLd Drone

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!