From:
Kate Rothacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:13:35 EDT
We are new enough to beekeeping (this is our third spring) to have a "little
knowledge", which admittedly can be a dangerous thing.  However, we made a
side-by-side split last summer when we discovered a queen cell nearly ready,
and another side-by-side split this spring.  We have four hives now, all
located together (one to two feet apart), and all are thriving.  We are in
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, where the weather is not as hospitable as
yours, but not severe.  Having the hives in the back yard does make a big
difference when it comes to keeping the syrup supply up.

Good luck.

Kate Rothacker