From:
"Alyn W. Ashworth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:16:11 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Excerpts from BEE-L
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>We need a standard format to establish procedure & method, to make
>observations, and to report conclusions.  If so we would make a large step
>forward towards establishing the efficacy of FGMO in all situations.
>
>Let's work together to make the many beeyard tests that will happen
>anyways this year all over America and perhaps Europe  rigorous and
>meaningful rather than vague and anecdotal.

I, for one, would be more than willing to do report my findings this
year, Here in Liverpool, England, we are a small, unaffected (so far)
pocket, and it seems certain that we will feel the first effects of
Varroa this season, so it seems an ideal time to start.

An "approved method of application" (although I realize that It's my own
responsibility) would be greatly appreciated.

It's also worth noting that as our local Beekeepers' branch is going to
use Apistan this year, I will be able to provide some comparison info.
--
Alyn W. Ashworth
Lancashire & North-West Bee-Keepers' Association. UK.