From:
Alan Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 08:28:10 +0000
I was wondering if you had any advice on how to deall with a couple of
hives making
queen cells.  One has the old and a new queen working in it .
Lots of new nectar and pollen choking up the brood chAmbers.  Little
brood.  The other lots of brood but nowhere for the queen to go.
I placed a medium super on each above top brood chamber.
The problem is they d'ont seem very interested in drawing
out on this plastic foundation.  Is this the inclination to stash
nectar into the open cells in the brood chamber?  How
can I encourage them to more quickly draw out this plastic
foundation?  What measures should I take to prevent immediate
swarming?
My other problem is that all my deep frames are currently filled
with stores from winter.  Should I extract this so I have empties for
the brood area?
How should I feed this back to them once extracted?

many thanks,

Alan M.

Also, How do you most easily remove a colony from inside wall space in
a house?  I need specifics and the most conservative measures.