From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 21:03:15 -0600
> "Which is better, full fat or defatted soya flour for the bee's
> nutrition?" Which do you have a pallet of Allen?

I believe I have expeller processed soy flour as I understand that the
solvent processed is not as good.  This is Honeysoy Brand from
Minnisota and claims Fat Min 0.1% Fibre 3.3% Max, Ash 6% Max,
Protein 49.0% Min, and Moisture 8.0% MAx.

Nontheless, I understand that Andy doesn't think, from his own
experiments, that soy flour does much unless pollen is available, so the
point may be moot.  I'm increasing the yeast component vastly this year,
since Andy and Mark both swear by it, and a large package outfit I phoned
in California also believes in it.

I have the anlaysis from California Spray Dry here somewhere -- can't find
it right now.  Don't recall the fat level.  Anyone?

Allen