From:
Frank & Phronsie Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:25:02 -0500
Be very careful of feeding any type of candy or syrup for candy.
Many of these contain solids and other additives which can do an
number of things to a bees digestive system.  Most of these
things are bad.  In winter bees should have only carbohydrates
with as few solids as possible.  Undigested solids require
cleansing flights and if the weather is bad, the hive becomes
soiled, giving rise to all sorts of illnesses for the bees

Frank & Phronsie Humphrey