Content-Type:
multipart/mixed
Parts/Attachments:
Hi Paul.  Happy New Year.
I am attaching a file with the name of a FGMO provider.  Please let me
know if you get this file okay.  Good luck
Best regards.
Dr. R.

From - Fri Oct 24 12:37:28 1997 X-Mozilla-Status: 0001 Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 19:16:58 -0400 From: "\\Dr. Pedro P. Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]> Reply-To: [log in to unmask] Organization: Independent non-profit research X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.03 [en] (Win95; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Kirk Jones <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Oils and Varroa Mites References: <v01510101b074e242c32e@[199.190.82.200]> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   Dear Kirk: A friend of mine (a beekeeper who learned about my FGMO method from the net) who located two addresses for FGMO. You might be interested in checking them out. You'll notice that the price per gallon is just about what I have been paying for a pint up to now. The address in MI sells gallon quantities; the one in PA sells larger quantities. Tom Rozic Don Johnson 1-800-245-3952 248-474-7878 Karns City, Pa Farmington Hills, MI       Tom Rozic is the *big* distributor. Johnson is a sub distributor. Please let me know how you make out since a lot of people have been asking me for sources of FGMO. Best regards Dr. R.    
From - Sun Sep 28 22:59:04 1997 Return-Path: <[log in to unmask]> Received: from quartz.netsync.net ([log in to unmask] [206.231.8.2])         by mh004.infi.net (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id WAA30709         for <[log in to unmask]>; Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:09:04 -0400 (EDT) Received: from jmtnppp17.netsync.net (jmtnppp17.netsync.net [206.231.9.27]) by quartz.netsync.net (8.8.5/8.6.12) with SMTP id WAA09346 for <[log in to unmask]>; Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:09:02 -0400 Received: by jmtnppp17.netsync.net with Microsoft Mail         id <[log in to unmask]>; Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:11:13 -0400 Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> From: "Robert B. Dahlgren" <[log in to unmask]> To: "'\\Dr. Pedro P. Rodriguez'" <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Locating FG Mineral Oil Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:10:57 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by mh004.infi.net id WAA30709 X-UIDL: 9870267c29499c73ebcd83e007dad747 X-Mozilla-Status: 8003   I have hunted on the Web for a source of mineral oil in larger quantities than pints. I contacted an Amoco handler :   Steve Ware <[log in to unmask]> Manager - Lubricants Division Keneco Distributors   Web Site: http://www.rareyroth.com/keneco/default.htm Amoco Lubricants Web Site: http://www.amoco.com/lubes Marathon Oil Co. Web Site: http://www.marathonoil.com/ Distributors of Amoco & Marathon Lubricants Phone 800-589-8065 Fax 419-422-3641   These are Steve's Web addresses. He says that they have only one package, 55 gal. Drums. Prices vary from $4.66/gal. to $5.14/gal. fob their facilities.   Viscosities range from 55.3 SUS at 100F (the lightest) which would be approximately 1/2 as light as 5 weight motor oil to 360 SUS at 100F which would approximate the viscosity of a 20 weight motor oil. There are 8 viscosities offered in between this range.   He says, "These oils are Amoco's Superia White Mineral Oils. We also offer other mineral oils which somewhat less expensive. They are almost as high in quality as the Superia oils. All oils are USDA H-1 and 3-H rated and Kosher certified. Therefore they are safe for human and animal consumption. If you can give me an idea of the viscosity of oil you are looking for, I would be pleased to make recommendations. We are located in Findlay, OH."   If I knew how to copy and paste this may have been easier. I'm sure that I should have been able to copy his E-Mail into this one.   It seems that I searched "Amoco Oil Co." on the Web and found their distributors. There were none in NY State so I tried this one in OH. You may be able to locate one closer to VA. Steve seems to be very informative, I told him that it was to be used in bee hives for mite control.   I'm still searching for other sources. It seems as though someone would be putting mineral oil up in smaller containers - 2 gal. or 5 gal.   We haven't had our bee meeting yet. It will be on the 7th of Oct. too bad you are so far away or maybe we could have you speak on the use of mineral and your findings. The Falconer - Jamestown area is in the Southwestern corner of NY State at or near the end of Route 17 - Exit 12 & 13.   There has been no severe frost here yet so the Goldenrod and Asters are still producing necter. It seems as if everything has been late this year so it is good that we are having a late fall.   I have downloaded your files from Barry Birkey's Web page. Very good.   When I was younger I had thoughts of being a vet but somewhere that went asunder. I grew up on a dairy farm. Even sewed up some cow's teats when they got stepped on and split.   I just received the book "The Instrumental Insemenation of the Queen Bee" by Dr. R.F.A. Moritz. It seems to be very informative on the subject. I ordered it from Larry Connor when he was at one of our meetings last spring - had to wait , it was back ordered. Got another one coming by Page and Laidlaw but I guess that it isn't finished yet. It's on Bee Genetics or Bee Breeding.   Well I guess that I've rambled enough. Maybe I should say buzzed.   For better beekeeping   Bob Dahlgren <[log in to unmask]>            

ATOM RSS1 RSS2