From:
Marian Pintilie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 01:18:21 +0200
Hi Andy

> How can you explain the healthy honeybees that are reared in areas of the
> world that have NO propolis at all

It seem to me that you too did not got my point of view. I repeat,
In average, the interior of a lived hive is cleaner than the usual
enviroment which touch our food . I mean regarding microorganisms and
toxic substances.
I was  not aware that are hives without propolis, (I saw that some hives
are well glued and near are other with almost nothing, but thin layer
is always there) . If those bees do not use propolis (Do not have
ingredients or do not know to produce it) are healthy because maybe
was not yet discocered by Columb to give them flu or use spells
to cure the evil :)

>and the fact that bees will gather and
> use paint off any old Out House to use in the same way as they do propolis,
> and many other not so nice or clean things??

If somewhere in this world are some bees located in a garbage field
who chosed to lick the Cola cans instead of starving doesn't mean that
the rest of the hives of the world are filthy.

The idea of unclean hives started, from the statement that
FGMO in contact with the filth will be the same as PGMO.
I this statement is true , I mean if the hive is unclean, than
bees walking in that unclean stuff and next in combs cells, will
make the honey unclean, so unfit for human consumption.!!!

Soooo, be careful with such statements, because if will get to the ears
of those who decide what is "eatable" and what not will let you to
sell the honey only if :

- the honey is sterilised
- the honey is washed with food grade soap, or
- your bees use boots outside of comb and antiseptic   socks on combs.

Jocking, or not , I can give more arguments that hive are cleaner than
us humans.

Can anybody convice me the opossite?
A scientific approach will be  much credible.

Costel