Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Guy Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 21:34:19 -0500
I am a subscriber to a couple of lists and newsgroups.  What I think we need
is for the "guy-in-charge" of each, to set up a parallel list or newsgroup -
one called "xxxl bitching" or something like that.  The purpose is that when
someone feels he/she must make a person attack on some other cointributor's
intelligence, moral values, sanity, etc., he/she could do it without
disrupting the flow of on-topic, useful, or even semi-useful information.
You read and hear of "road rage."    Well we are often faced with "internet
rage," which can be just a destructive, and certainly as unavailang as any
other rage.  At a minimum, if you feel impelled to "internet rage," how
about changing your subject line to " bitching. ' "grousing, " or "rage," so
it can be trashed without wasting the time it takes to read it.  Assume we
all either know, or are smart enough to figure out, that X is an idiot.  We
don't need to hear it over and over again. T

Thank you very much.

Having got that off my chest, I'm standing by for some charming responses.
The nice part is that I can 1.) leave my computer off for a week, and/or 2.)
trash at will, and no one will ever know.

Guy F. Miller   "Start every day with a smile, and get it over with."
Charlottesville. VA                             W.C. Fields