Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Iannuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:43:04 -0500
Question: Is mineral oil found in honey and pollen when used for
T-mite control?
Answer: If it is used, as I do w/paper towels saturated with
edible vegetable oil, B4 of AFTER the extracting supers and/or pollen
traps are installed, I don't see how that is possible.
BTW, isn't edible vegetable oil, purchased in the supermarket,
far cheaper than mineral oil, purchased in the drugstore?

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Rimantas Zujus wrote:

> Paul Bashore    Saturday, January 31, 1998 12:49 AM wrote :
>
> Well Elroy I like to keep my honey as free of chemicals as possiable as
> most beekeepers do. Granted mineral oil is a chemical but far less to cause
> long term problems then year after year of useing apistan.
>
> Dear bee keepers
>
> Who could explain me why the mineral oil is not found in your honey and pollen if the bee legs (at least ) touch the oil ?
>  Thank you in advance.
>
> Rimantas Zujus
> e-mail : [log in to unmask]
> http://www.online.lt/indexs.htm
> Latitude    55 Deg North
> Longitude 24 Deg EAST

**John Iannuzzi, Ph.D.
**38 years in apiculture
**12 hives of Italian honeybees
**At Historic Ellicott City, Maryland, 21042, U.S.A. (10 miles west of
   Baltimore, Maryland) [9772 Old Annapolis Rd - 410 730 5279]
**"Forsooth there is some good in evil things
   For bees extract sweetness from the weed" -- Bard of Avon
**Website: http://www.xmetric.com/honey
**Email: [log in to unmask] [1jan981031est]