From:
Kathy Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:58:58 -0500
Rory,
I'd heard of other beekeepers noticing bees foraging their bird feeders
but hadn't noticed anything myself until we started keeping chickens.
We feed a ground corn mash and have a range feeder outside the coop that
the bees foraged from last year (until the chickens began to forage on
the bees.. ).  We moved the chicken food,  gave the bees their own
source of chicken mash (and added some higher protein soy flour to it)
closer to the hives, and all the girls were happy.
Kathy

Rory Stenerson wrote: Greetings,