From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 15:46:36 -0500
In a message dated 97-10-26 10:39:18 EST, [log in to unmask] (Steve Jones)
writes:

<< I received a 5 gallon pail of crystallized honey from an orchard owner
 who didn't want to deal with it.  I opened the pail and there was a
 half-inch of liquid honey on the top of the crystallized honey.  This
 liquid honey had a terrible flavor, I assumed it has fermented so I am
 not going to use it.  Can I feed this to my hives?  If it is not a good
 idea I will throw it in the dump.  If it can be fed back to the bees,
 can Fumidal B be mixed with it? >>

  You may be able to salvage the crystalized part. Carefully pour off the
liquid on top. It had a lot of water, so it fermented. The crystals, however
are nearly pure sugar.

   Gently warm the rest, and see if it is okay. I'll bet it will be, if you
were able to get off almost all the liquid portion. I wouldn't give bees
fermented honey, particularly in the fall or winter. I'll make them sick.

[log in to unmask]   Dave Green   Hemingway, SC USA
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html