From:
"Calkins, Rob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:09:19 -0600
I am a new bee keeper and was wondering if anyone has ever seen what is
happening at my bee yard.
I have two hives at this yard and just finished pulling supers last
week.  For the last couple of days there
has been a ball of bees about the size of a baseball at the side of a
shed at the bee yard.  They do not seem to
be building any combs and I don't see a queen although I haven't had
time to look real close.  The only thing that
I can think of is maybe they are too crowed in the hive and some are
staying next to the shed.  I did give the
empty supers back to the hives to clean up before storage so I don't
know if they were thrown off by this.  Its not
a lot of bees in this cluster, but I was just curious of possibilities.

Thanks,

Rob Calkins
4 hives