From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:40:56 -0700
At 11:43 AM 6/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>In trying to see eggs (I don't know your age or how good your eyesight is),
>even though I wear "bifocals" and my eyes are not as good as they used to be,

Its always amazed me that in the bee breeders grafting room the person who
is always the best grafter usually has the poorest eye site. Many do use
special glasses, you name it and you will find it. But in watching these
experienced men and women graft I believe most could do it with their eyes
closed.

Anyway years ago to prove that point one of the bee breeders had a machine
made to do the work using medical engineering and it worked and not only
grafted but returned a surplus of royal jelly that could be collected for
sale. Even then at its best it was not as efficient as a experienced
grafter and have not heard if anyone is using automated grafting but am
sure that the collection of royal jelly continues using some of the same
technology.

ttul, the OLd Drone

http://beenet.com
a fun and informative
source of beekeeping
news & information

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!