From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:38:47 +0900
I plan to use pollen traps for the first time this year to collect spring
pollen which is in excessive supply and feed it back to the hives in late
summer when the nectar sources are pollen poor.
The traps will be on my back yard hives only so I can empty them every
couple of days and I plan to dry the pollen in a dehydrator and freeze to
kill insect eggs.

I would appreciate any hints as to the best ways to store and use the pollen
collected.  Does anybody have instructions for how to feed pollen to bees,
particularly during a nectar flow so as to maintain brood growth for
following honey crops?

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island