From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:21:31 -0700
Earlier this year some posts talked about not rotating hive bodies in
the spring but letting the queen work her way down. My bees came through
the winter in exceptional shape, no mites. So when I decided to rotate
hive bodies, four out of five already were in the bottom box, so I only
rotated the one hive. It is the only one that swarmed. All the others
are in the second super - and we are not even in the main clover honey
flow. The one that swarmed is still in the lower brood boxes. I realize
this is only one data point and may be the exception, so I will try it
again next year.
Bill Truesdell
Bath