From:
Robin Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:50:37 -0400
It would seem to be a reason the bags empty quickly, however when I tried
it I never filled my bags more than about half full to prevent this from
happening.

The bees did take the syrup down quickly enough, however I still prefer a
larger feeder myself, although the larger feeders do have a higher initial
capital requirement.

----------
> From: Gert-Paul Walter <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: problems with feeding syrup
> Date: Sunday, April 13, 1997 21:25 PM
>
> To all: an observation and a question-
>         There has been much discussion regarding feeding syrup on this
list.
> In the past, I tried various methods, settling on inverted 1 gallon
> plastic jars in an extra deep.  It took weeks for the bees to drain the
> jars, often leaving some syrup that got moldy.  The jars also collapsed
> in from the vacuum created by taking the syrup out.  Then I saw the
> discussion re the ziplock bag method, and it seemed to work wonders last
> fall.  The bees would clean out 3/4 gallon in 3-4 days.
>         This spring I fed using both methods, with the same results.
Today